The Privacy Notice describes how and for what purposes we collect, process and use personal data. Responsible handling of customer data has always been an important concern for Migros. We are continuously making adjustments in order to protect the personal data of our customers even better.
Migros values the trust of its customers. Data protection and data security are therefore central concerns for us. The responsible handling of personal data is also included in the Migros Code of Conduct, compliance with which is systematically ensured at Group level. In order to make it easier for customers to understand how we handle data at Migros, we make use of Privacy Icons.
We process personal data for various reasons and for various purposes. Almost always when you interact with us or we interact with you, processing of your personal data is involved, for example when you contact our customer service. It is also important for us to be able to tailor our offering to your individual needs. Therefore, if you participate in our Cumulus bonus program, create a Migros Account, or register for one of our other services, we process transaction and behavior data and, based on this, make assumptions about your preferences. This enables us, for example, to send you Cumulus bonus coupons that are likely to be of interest to you.
Our data processing has many benefits for you. For example, it allows our customer service to address your individual needs and requirements. It also facilitates your shopping experience, for instance by making it easier for you to find those products online from our extensive range that you buy frequently or that are likely to be particularly relevant for you. Thanks to our data processing, you also benefit from an individualized shopping experience, for example by receiving offers and discounts that are tailored to your shopping habits. Thanks to the processing of personal data, you are also able to enjoy continuously more attractive product ranges and improved products and services.
Your personal data may be shared with other companies of the Migros Group and used by them. Outside the Migros Group, they are generally only shared with selected service providers that process personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
We ensure that your data is protected in a manner commensurate with the risks involved and take comprehensive security measures in order to protect your personal data against unauthorized access. We continuously improve our security measures and adapt them to the current state of the art.
With the new Privacy Notice, we make it even easier for customers to learn how Migros processes personal data. The Privacy Notice has therefore been comprehensively revised and reworded.
The changes mainly concern the following areas:
- A new Privacy Icons dashboard allows customers to easily get an idea of how and for what purposes the Migros Group companies process personal data.
- A simpler structure makes it clearer which categories of personal data are processed for which purposes.
- It is described in more detail which companies belong to the Migros Group and which company is responsible for data processing.
- The explanations on the storage period of personal data have been expanded and supplemented with additional examples.
- It is explained in more detail which categories of personal data are shared within the Migros Group and for what purposes they can be used.
- It is shown more transparently how the companies of the Migros Group use profiling and how customers benefit from it.
- In a new section, it is explained in which situations the Migros Group companies process sensitive personal data.
- The information on cookies and similar technologies has been moved to a separate Cookie Notice.
- Non-essential explanations have been removed and the Privacy Notice as a whole has been shortened. The language has generally been simplified and the clarity of the explanations has been increased. Additional examples have been added.